Jared Jeweler’s has been around for a long time, and this company is one of the largest sellers of rings in the country. If you are looking at an engagement ring at Jared, there are a few things that you should know and understand about rings – engagement rings in particular – and women, before you buy one!
Blue Nile Engagement Rings
How to buy a diamond
At Blue Nile, we'll help you find the perfect engagement ring, certified diamond, or gift.
Here are a few tips that will help to ensure that you make the right decision and don’t end up paying more than you need to for your engagement ring.
1. When you are looking at an engagement ring at Jared, either online or in the store, you will probably be surprised by the huge variety that is available. Although that is great, you will also probably find it terribly confusing, and the more you shop, the more confused you will get. Therefore, before you do anything, you need to talk to your girlfriend!
2. Most women will have a vague idea of what they would like in an engagement ring, and although you might think that it takes some of the romance out of asking her, she will greatly appreciate it. Some women like particular cuts of diamonds while some women have preferences regarding the settings, and you may find that your girlfriend isn’t expecting a ring nearly as expensive as you were thinking of buying!
3. When you shop for an engagement ring at Jared, you will be able to search according to a variety of requirements, including the ring designer, the type of diamond, a particular price range, or by the number of stones that the ring has. Unfortunately, the more you look around, the greater a problem you will have deciding unless you already have some solid input from your girlfriend.
4. One misconception that a lot of men have is that they think every woman wants a huge diamond. That is definitely not correct! Some women do prefer rings with multiple smaller diamonds, while others simply don’t want something that stands out quite so much. In addition, keep in mind that at some time your wife will be wearing both the engagement ring and the wedding ring together, and sometimes too much diamond just doesn’t look right.
5. It is also worth considering taking your girlfriend in to get her finger properly measured before you buy your engagement ring at Jared. This will help prevent problems later on, though sizing a ring is usually free and shouldn’t take that long. With that said, it is always best if you choose the right size ring to begin with.
You have probably heard that you should spend two times what your monthly salary is for the engagement ring (and that doesn’t include the wedding ring!), but today that is not necessarily the brightest thing to do. After all, you will be married a long time, and you can always upgrade a ring or buy another one later on, when your finances are more secure and the economy looks a little brighter.